The FDA needs to badly to be reformed. It is totally corrupt and has become a puppet of the drug industry.
Take action NOW to stop FDA from turning your vitamins and supplements into unapproved ‘food additives’
by Ethan A. Huff, staff writer
(NaturalNews) We here at NaturalNews cannot stress enough how important it is to take the time to fight back against the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) latest assault against vitamins and dietary supplements.
Proposed guidelines put forth by the agency for “New Dietary Ingredients” (NDIs) propose treating vitamins, herbs, and dietary supplements as synthetic food preservatives, which means pulling many of them off the market, and subjecting the rest to extreme regulatory protocols that will drive up costs and severely limit availability.
The Dietary Supplement Health and Information Act of 1994 (DSHEA), as many NaturalNews readers likely already know, was a major victory achieved for health freedom. It is also the foundation upon which the dietary supplement market as well as the health of millions of Americans has thrived.
Part of this legislation, however, outlines that the FDA must establish a final rule for how supplement manufacturers are to notify the agency of NDIs, a mandate that the FDA finally got around to addressing back in July. But what the FDA came up with as a solution is the complete opposite of what DSHEA, and the Congress that passed it, intended for the agency to do.
Instead of creating a simple method of notification as it was supposed to do, the FDA decided instead to manipulate and distort the NDI notification process by turning it into a type of regulatory approval process, similar to what drug companies are required to complete in order to get new drugs approved.
Under the proposed FDA guidelines, vitamin and dietary supplement manufacturers will have to submit applications for approval, rather than notifications of use, for all new ingredients or ingredient blends they use that were not in widespread use prior to 1994 when DSHEA was passed.
Because of tricky language contained in the proposal, practically all supplements currently on the market will be subjected to these new guidelines, as the FDA considers things like changed dosages and altered ingredient formulations with new ingredients.
This means that manufacturers of high-dose vitamin D, for instance, will be required to submit new NDI applications if the doses they sell were not in widespread use prior to DSHEA’s passage in 1994. And even if the FDA approves an individual company’s application for a specific form and dose of vitamin D, each additional manufacturer of the same vitamin D form and dose would also have to submit individual NDI applications for their products as well.
Be sure to read the shocking, full NaturalNews report on the FDA’s proposed guidelines here: http://www.naturalnews.com/032924_d…
In accordance with Codex Alimentarius, FDA guidelines will treat nutrients as toxins
What the FDA’s entire NDI proposal boils down to is the agency’s capitulation to Codex Alimentarius provisions that treat nutrients like toxins. As we have written about on numerous occasions, US harmonization with Codex’s Guidelines for Vitamin and Mineral Food Supplements has been the goal of globalist planners for years, and the FDA has cooperated nicely with this agenda via S. 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act (http://www.naturalnews.com/030863_f…), and now the NDI application process.
The disastrous implications of the Codex vitamin and mineral guidelines (or planned world genocide) include establishing “upper safe levels” of vitamins and minerals, and subjecting vitamins and minerals to the same toxicologic risk assessment protocols as deadly toxins like lead and mercury.
To read the finalized Codex guidelines for vitamins and minerals that were passed back in 2005, visit: http://www.ahha.org/CodexGuidelines.htm. Be sure to pay close attention to Section 3. Composition, which describes, in detail, how vitamins and minerals are to be treated under the new international food code, which in turn will eliminate their availability on the marketplace.
YOU can help stop the FDA’s takeover of vitamins and supplements by following these six simple steps
The Life Extension Foundation (LEF), a valued and respected ally of NaturalNews, has constructed a set of measures that every member of the natural health community must complete in order to stop the FDA from stealing our supplements. LEF is asking everyone to complete all of the following steps:
1) Complete LEF’s sample petition letter and send it to the FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Nutrition, Labeling and Dietary supplements: http://www.lef.org/featured-article…
2) Print out the same petition, customize it into your own voice, and fax it to the FDA at (301) 443-9767.
3) Call the FDA at (888) 723-3366 and read your petition aloud to personnel at the Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Nutrition, Labeling and Dietary Supplements.
4) Submit a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to determine which pharmaceutical interests are behind the FDA’s NDI proposal and push to eliminate supplements from the marketplace, which benefit the drug industry by eliminating natural medicine, and causing those supplements that are still available to skyrocket in price: http://www.lef.org/featured-article…
5) Submit letters to your two state Senators, as well as to your local Representative, demanding that the FDA immediately withdraw its tyrannical proposal: http://www.capwiz.com/lef/issues/al…
6) Send a letter to the President’s Office of Management and Budget notifying it that the FDA’s proposal is in direct conflict with Executive Order — Regulation and Independent Regulatory Agencies issued on July 11, 2011 (http://www.lef.org/featured-article…). FDA’s proposals directly violate this order, which stipulates that burdensome regulations that interfere with job creation, economic growth, and innovation must be repealed: http://www.lef.org/featured-article…
Finally, the Alliance for Natural Health – USA (ANH-USA), another NaturalNews ally, has set up a call-in day to Congress on Thursday, September 8, 2011. ANH-USA is asking the entire natural health community to call their Congressmen on this day and demand that FDA’s NDI proposals be stopped.
Remember, massive push back from people just like you — and maybe even from many of you back in the early 1990s is what successfully passed DSHEA in the first place. Now is the time, once again, to let our voices be heard, and stop the tyranny that seeks to eliminate our free access to natural vitamins, minerals, and dietary supplements.
Sources for this story include: